Mixdeity.com uses targeted advertising services from a company called AdRoll.com. When you visit this website they may collect some or all of the data described in the below Privacy Notice. This data as well as other data described below is used to help provide ads that are more relevant to you.
1. What data is collected
- Advertiser website activity
- Device and browser information
- Ad data
- Data from Advertising Partners
- Email and Postal Addresses from Advertisers
- Hashed email addresses
- This data is used to help Advertisers identify and serve ads to you that are more relevant to you. We also use this data to operate, improve and enhance our services including enhancing the data points we or our Advertising Partners have about a particular user, browser, or device, or to target, optimize, cap, or synchronize advertising.
2. Data Sharing
This information about you may be disclosed:
- With an Advertiser whose site you have visited
- With service providers
- With service providers to Advertisers
- With subsidiaries and related companies
- In connection with legal proceedings
- In connection with a sale of our business
Hashed email addresses may also be shared (or other identifiers associated with those hashes), technical data collected about your browsing habits and your device (such as data relating to cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. Finally, we may disclose aggregated, anonymized information with other third parties.
3. Cookies and related technologies
Specifically, the AdRoll cookie we serve through the AdRoll platform for this purpose is named “__adroll”. We may also drop an additional AdRoll opt-out cookie if you opt-out as described below. We may also drop cookies from our Advertising Partners for the purposes described above. The Advertising Partner cookies dropped vary by Advertiser implementation.
4. Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve or by clicking here. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
While we may link multiple browsers or devices to you, if you opt out on a device or browser we will not use data collected after you opted out on that device or browser for targeted advertising purposes. Therefore, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
AdRoll is also a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Codes of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
We also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- To opt out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher:Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”
Opting out will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
Some internet browsers allow users to send a "Do Not Track" signal to websites they visit. We do not respond to this signal.
In addition, if you are located in the European Economic Area you may also have the right to access, correct or update some of the information we hold about you. You can also request that we delete your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in many cases, we hold identifiable information only on behalf of our Advertiser clients, and we may instead direct you to contact them.
To opt out go here: optout.networkadvertising.org